Stuff about software development, agile and testing

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Offline website browsing

There is nothing like free books, especially when it is really a good one. Recently I have started playing with Haskell; a pure functional programming language and the best book I found so far is http://book.realworldhaskell.org/ (the printed version is not out yet). Unfortunately this book is only available online and I really wanted to read it on my way to India. While I was feeling disappointed about the lack of internet accessibility on airplanes I found something that is really cool, HTTrack
This tool allows you to archive the whole website for offline browsing. If you are unhappy because you didn’t find a Mac version, don’t be, there is a macport available. Now I don't have to watch those boring inflight movies anymore, I can now play with something else.

Labels